Topic: Relaxation techniques for the caregivers
Speaker: Ms Priyadarshini
Date: 18th August, 2018
Place: Asha Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Time: 11 am- 1 pm
- The session commenced at 11am and was attended by close to 20 people which was a mix group of dementia caregivers and dementia volunteers.. Ms Saadiya, facilitating the meeting gave a brief introduction about challenges faced daily in Dementia care and gave an explanatory speech to simplify the meeting purpose for the caregivers.
- The session began with the introduction of Ms Priyadarshini by Saadiya Hurzuk .After the introduction the speaker discussed the importance and the need for relaxation of a human body .how important it is to take care of oneself to be a better caregiver.
- One of the caregiver Mr S, expressed his experience of practice of the certain relaxation techniques and its positive affect observed by him.
- Another caregiver Mr K, expressed his views on the importance of the practice but also gave a brief on his experience on how over the period of years he has dealt with his wife and in what ways has these caregiver meetings helped him.
- Later during the session Ms Priyadarshini and Mr S demonstrated a 20 minute relaxation method that can be followed on regular basis. Further the importance/advantages of the technique were discussed.
- The group discussion ended with Ms Saadiya addressing the group regarding how the relaxation techniques can be incorporated for the people with dementia. Followed by a brief vote of thanks.