Posted by: Atiya Zareen Post Date: December 3, 2018
Topic: Dementia Awareness and Fundraising Run
Facilitator: Pbel City Winter Half
Date: 2nd December 2018
Place: Pbel city, Peerancheruvu.
Time: 05:00am to 10:00am
- ARDSI-Hyderabad Deccan in association with PBEL CITY participated as one of the charity partners for Dementia Awareness and Fundraising in Pbel Winter Half 2018
- The run was being conducted in Hyderabad was being held at Pbel city, Peerancheruvu, along designated routes. It had four categories of 5 km, 10 km and 21 km and 32 km. More than 1100 people of all age groups registered and participated in this half marathon.
- The event commenced at 5.00 am with a Zumba warm-up session, trainers guided the participants in performing several Zumba moves to loud, foot-tapping music.
- Around 5.30 am the RUN started with 32 km category run given a flag-off. This was followed by a flag-off for the categories of 21 km, 10 km and 5 km.
- The event was attended by ARDSI-Hyderabad Deccan members Mr Shashidhar K, Ms. Bala Tripura Sundari, Ms Saadiya Hurzuk, Ms Atiya Zareen and volunteers also participated in the in the run.
- Ms Saadiya Hurzuk was interviewed and she spoke about the demographics, prevalence and dementia care services in India. She called for support as we are in dire need of more services and awareness.
- Many people of Hyderabad, both young and old showed much enthusiasm by participating in the event which commenced at sunrise and went on till around 9.30 am.
- The marathons were followed by medal and breakfast distribution for all the participants.
- Ms Nina Cherla, music therapist, Asha hospital participated in the run supporting ARDSI Hyderabad and also gave an interview about dementia and its debilitating effect on society.
- Dr Ramana, Dr Venugopal participated and also supported ARDSI Hyderabad.
- The participants all left satisfied in having participated in a run for a very important cause and having understood more about dementia. ARDSI Hyderabad Deccan had a successful event by raising funds and spreading Dementia awareness in Society.
Photo Album: https://photos.app.goo.