MARCH CAREGIVER'S MEETING
Topic: Psycho-Neuro-Immuno-Therapeutic Potential of Yoga-Meditation-Music and Diet as an Effective Holistic Approaches in Combating Alzheimer’s, Depression, Anxiety and other Behavioural Disorders.
Speaker: Dr.ShyamalaMruthinti, B.Sc, M.A, M.Sc, Ph.D
Date: 10th March, 2018
Place: Asha Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Time: 11 am- 1 pm
- The session commenced at 11am and was attended by close to 30 caregivers of ARDSI.The session began with the introduction of Dr.ShyamalaMruthinti by Dr. K. Chandra Sekhar, Vice President, ARDSI Hyderabad Deccan. A memento was awarded followed by a brief felicitation ceremony.
- Mr.SaadiyaHurzuk gave an overview of Comprehensive Dementia Care at Asha Hospital and insight on the assisted living for dementia care at Golden Oak,Shamshabad . She introduced the audience to the topic of Dementia and what the term means. She emphasised on the current scenario of Dementia and how Asha Hospital is helping comprehensive Dementia care. She also highlighted the importance of memory clinics and training programs for caregivers.
- She then briefed the audience with Golden Oak Senior Citizens Home and spoke of the various activities involved in the assisted living. Her speech included the Golden Oak Daily Activity Schedule, description of the vicinity of the Home and their benefits for the residents.
- Dr. ShyamalaMruthinti’s speech was later followed where she spoke of her mission to serve India. She educated the audience about the causes and effects of Alzheimer’s disease. The speech was supported with her essential contributions such as generation of Monoclonal Antibodies targeted against Alzheimer’s and several researches on Alzheimer’s disease.
- She also highlighted on the importance of meditation and music. She mentioned that these were essential elements not only for the patients but also the caregivers, as it invokes a sense of self-compassion, interdependence and interconnectedness.
- The two hour session ended with a few questions from the audience, where important aspects of caregiving were addressed and common problems faced by them were discussed. These were mainly different issues faced by the caregivers with their kin who have dementia. Dr.Shyamala answered questions related to problems with behaviour, communication and caregiver stress.