Posted by: admin Post Date: August 9, 2014
Topic: Healthy Ageing
Facilitator: Amulya Rajan, Psychologist, ARDSI, Hyderabad Deccan
Date: 11th August, 2014
Place: Academic Staff College, Osmania University, Hyderabad
Time: 4.30pm- 5.15pm
- As part of the ‘Personality Development and Soft Skills Training’ course conducted by Osmania University for lecturers of different colleges in Hyderabad, a talk on ‘Healthy Ageing’ was presented by ARDSI psychologist.
- Following a brief introduction to ARDSI, its activities and its members, Amulya commenced her presentation on ‘Healthy Ageing’ by describing the different facets of health. She spoke of physical, mental and social health and how they were inter-connected.
- She then went on to describe the process of ageing as given by psychologists and how this process affected an individual’s health.
- In an interactive manner, Amulya probed the audience for the different changes that occur physically, mentally and socially as part of ageing.
- The facilitator then spoke of dementia as being one of the problems of ageing and spoke of its symptoms in different stages of progression, and its types with everyday examples.
- The facilitator concluded her talk with tips on how to remain wholistically healthy followed by a question and answer session.
- Doubts about the difference between normal forgetfulness and dementia and about its prevalence in the two genders were clarified.